Complete Rehabilitative Care, Placing the Patient First
Total Physical Therapy is just what the name implies; complete rehabilitative care that places the patient/client first. We customize each program to fit your needs, not changing you to fit a specific protocol.
Treatment is centered on making improvements from your first to last visit. We design treatments for specific problems of pain, stiffness, lack of mobility, weakness and/or instability. Total Physical Therapy offer hands on therapy with one-on-one evaluation and treatment. We set goals that are designed to get you back to work, sports, or the activities you want to do faster and better than our competition.
Christian Gartner 16 Years In Physical Therapy Experience
After receiving a BA in Biology in Springfield MA, Christian was employed at Harvard Medical School/ Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Immunology/ Rheumatology for 6 years with numerous publications. In 2000, Christian earned a Master in Science and Physical Therapy at Rutgers, Newark. In 2009 he opened Total Physical Therapy to begin the realization of his dream to offer quality physical therapy care to the people of Bergen County where he grew up as a child. In 2011, Christian is the only therapist to receive the H.P. Gold award in Humanism (Usually reserved for M.D.’s), for outstanding care. Christian obtained his certification in dry needling in 2014. Is currently working with Stevens University on a patent prototype to remove chronic or acute edema out of the hand to restore function.
Chris understands that medical education is an ongoing process and, as such, continues to supplement his university education with courses that include:
- Manual Therapy Seminars Of Colorado
- Evaluation And Treatment Of Foot And Ankle Dysfunction And Orthotics Prescription,
- Myofascial Release, Contract-Relax, Reciprocal or Autogenic inhibition/facilitation techniques
- Hand Dysfunctions with or without Fabrication of Splints
- Shoulder Rotator Cuff Dysfunctions /Comprehensive Treatment Of The Shoulder,
- Therapeutic Lower Leg/Knee Dysfunctions.
- Low Back Subacute and Chronic Pain Syndromes,
- Core Stabilization with combined Trunk Movements
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunctions/Pelvic Pain and Dysautonomia,
- Lumbar/Sacral/Pelvic Dysfunctions,
- Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis Therapeutic Interventions
- Therapeutic Taping Techniques,
- Peripheral Neuropathies Therapeutic Intervention
- Chronic or acute CVA/Stroke
- Conservative Management Of SI Joint Dysfunction
- He is also certified in CPR and is a credentialed clinical instructor.
- Chris is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association, Orthopedic section.
- Chris and his wife are kept busy with their three children.
Adjunct Professor in Bio Mechanics at Stevens Institute of Technology
CONGRATULATIONS to Total Physical Therapy’s Christian Gartner PTMS on becoming an Adjunct Professor in Bio Mechanics at Stevens Institute of Technology beginning January 2017.
Areas of Interest
Chris most enjoys treating the more complex injuries such as but not limited to Shoulder injuries, Hand Trauma, Spine disorders, Low Back Pain with or without radiating pain, Pelvis, Ribs, Cervical/ Thoracic Spine, and Cervicalgenic Headaches. Has treated patients from 1 month old to 100 years old, including many athletes.